Saturday, March 1, 2014

The one about getting worse before getting better

And it's a bugger. I really thought that I would recover for two weeks, not continue to get worse. And believe me, it's worse.
I am peeling in places that ought not be peeling, mmkay - 'nuff said!
The burning is still getting worse. DO NOT believe anyone who says this is 'a bit like a sunburn' (Yes - as a matter of fact, I an looking at you Dr M!) Think ore along the lines of an oven burn after it has healed a bit and gone to that brown, scaley, itchy, extremely sore and irritated burn. Now you get the picture. Now for me - picture this all around sensitive areas. I'll wait while you cross your legs and wince.......
that's a pretty good depiction.... no photos from me though!!!!!!!!!
I am very thankful though that I didn't start that burning until right at the end of my treatment. The really burning showed up just before my third last treatment - so those last three were pretty painful. When the beam ran over the burnt area was the only time that I felt like I was burning - so very thankful it was only for the last three.
Also thankful that I don't have to walk to the cars and into the hospital in my 'geisha' walk, or better yet, my Sumo walk. I think I'm turning Japanese!
I dare you not to sing it!
Anyway... the whole object of the Japanese walking is to not have any parts rubbing - that is the most painful thing ever! Well - I'm sure there are other things worse, but that is pretty bad. It's like a sever case of chaffing after you've been at the beach and forgot to rinse off the salt and then went for a long run. Yep - it's that painful!
The nausea is settling down a bit, good news because I only have tablets for today and tomorrow! I think that I forgot to mention that we switched my nausea meds to Compazine because of the constipation issue ( I warned you that I wan't going to sugar coat this process!!!) and doing that settled things immensely. Whether it worked better for me, or solving the digestive issues helped - not to know, but I really don't care, it worked!
But this morning I am in trouble with the hubster! I just want to be better peeps. SO yesterday I did a couple loads of washing - and the punishment was a severe tongue lashing! And the threat to ground me!!!!! I kid you not - apparently he is taking serious the idea of recuperation. I however, am not enjoying laying around the house doing nothing as much as I thought I would. (I see that scoff - but it's true!)
It's a hard life...
I just want to be able to get back to normal. And that means taking on some of the housework again. But this is not to be...... it's time to start all of those books on the Kindle app and actually read them!

Think I just found my new diet regime!!!
Until next time
Hugs
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment