Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Oh the disappointment!

If you've been a faithful reader (and you are, aren't you?) you will remember that one of my goals this year was to run the Colfax half marathon. It goes through the zoo people - the zoo!

apparently the only other US marathon that goes through the zoo is in Baltimore
It's on May 18th - 7 weeks, 4 days and 12 hours at the time of writing - or 53 days.
I should be well into my training by now - and instead I am slowly walking for 20 minutes. I can't imagine that I will have the energy, or stamina, to make it 13 miles in 53 days.
That's a dream killer. And I'm sad - really sad.

I think it is true - there's an ecard for everything

Whoever thought that I would be so sad that I can't run. It still amuses me, so I can't imagine how tickled you must be! It's still a mystery to me that I even began to run. 
On my daily walks now, I can feel my legs trying to take off. I cannot wait until I am well enough to run again. I think that will be the true test for me of being recovered.
I am missing running more than I ever thought that I would, and I think that my mood is suffering from it too. But being able to get out and walk everyday, especially when it is nice and sunny like it was today, is helping my mood incredibly.

sad truth right now

And today's little excursion was a trip to King Soopers (supermarket) all by myself. Like a grownup. I know your day isn't complete until you have all the deets on my boring life!!
Love till tomorrow,
Hugs
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment