Tuesday, January 7, 2014

So there's special - then there's ME!

I got a call yesterday from the oncology department yesterday.
Apparently as they were beginning to 'write' my program to the machine, they began to worry that I wouldn't fit in it. Because Fred is so large, they need to hit it from many different angles, and they are not so sure that it will all fit in the one program.
So I get to go and have a pre, pre-trial!
See? SO special!
It's actually beginning to get a bit comical. I'm almost to the point where I am just waiting to see what the next mess will be.

Don't get me wrong. When Piet came home yesterday I was in a bit of a mess. I need for him not to be nice to me or to hug me, because then the tears come. I am so good at imagining the very worst that may happen. The very worst that I could imagine yesterday was that I would need to have two sets of radiation - 66 treatments instead of 33. 13 weeks instead of 6.5
This morning though, things are looking a bit better. I got my sense of humour back, and also my faith that no matter what, God knows what needs to happen.


At my BSF meeting this morning, I was so totally taken aback by comments from two of the babes there. (BSF babes are the best - if you ever get a chance to go into leadership take it - there is nowhere else you will meet babes like these!) One of them talked about the joy that I still have as we go through this, and another really gave me a perspective that I'd never considered.
N just mentioned that it was obvious of my faith in God, and I just responded that I didn't really have a choice but to. And to be honest here - I really had not thought that there was another option. But she told me that I had chosen that instead of crawling up into a ball in bed and lying there. Huh. Had never even imagined that that was a choice.

(Hmmm - and now that I think about it, maybe I'll take that as an option next week!!!!!)
So that was a very encouraging morning. Thanks God!
And then, my baby girl brought on the tears again by telling me that there are people at her work praying for me. One of them, a 'daily' customer. How sweet is that? (I knew drinking Starbucks was a good thing!)
I am just amazed at the way that people have come alongside us as a family. It's a lovely thing to see God's people working on His behalf. I am totally humbled. (insert tears here)
So - now you are up to date, and you got more ecards than you ever needed in one post!!!
Hugs
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment