Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I like Mondays too

Welcome to 2014.

Here's what we saw last night Downtown with Willie and John. Good job Denver - I was pretty impressed.


I've been waiting for this day for quite a while. Goodbye to the year of horrors - I'm ready for a new start.
I've always loved a new beginning...
- a new pencil
- especially a new journal
- a new month
- a new week (hello Monday!)
- a new morning
- even a new pack of chips is better than a day old opened one!

So of course, the start of a new year is like the Grand Daddy of all new beginning. (do not let me start about how exciting it was for the start of a new millennium!!!!)
I love the possibilities that all this newness offers. I set goals - NOT resolutions (and that's really because they don't usually change from one year to the next) and I've got a brand new set of 365 days to get them all done! Don't bother asking why it needs to be a new year to start on some of these, it's just easier to get my head in the game.
one of them is to turn the calendar every day!
And of course. as we know!, things don't always end up the way that we imagine that they will. There is just no way that this time last year as I was dreaming about all of the possibilities that the year offered that I thought it would end with me getting ready to have radiation treatment.
But even after the year of suckish proportions that we've just endured, I still look forward to this year as one that will be one of the best ever.
Regardless of what happens, regardless of how the year ends, I've just decided that this will be a better year.
Radiation is only 33 days out of this 365 - that leaves me 332 to make it a year to remember.
I know that you are dying to know what sort of goals I've set (just pretend you care, k?!) so here they are:
- finish my first half marathon (Colfax in May)
the half runs through the zoo - how much fun is that?
- to Kill Fred Dead - duh!

this is what I imagine Fred looks like - I'm sure it's nothing at all like this, but I need a visual!
- to get into my healthy weight range via Weight Watchers
love this program. I go Friday mornings - meet me there?
- to finish level 347 on Candy Crush (I always give myself something that's really silly easy!!)

it's been about two and a half months now... I'll get it eventually!!
- to read through the Bible (I used to do this every year, but have done different reading plans for a few years now. But I miss it - some of the people in there feel like old friends and family to me!

I use a Bible reading plan that NIV had in the Student Bible - some OT, NT and a Psalm or Proverb every day.
- to get some real definition in my arms - hello shake weight!

yep - that's what I aim for.. got the crazy down already!!!!!

I've got some other more personal ones also, they may or may not show up here... oh the suspense may kill you!!!
So there you have it - a new year. Love it

Hugs
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment