Monday, February 24, 2014

So I've started to peel

... also to pee - but didn't think that you'd keep reading if I put that in the title!

The peeling is in the sensitive area where your pubic hair (if you have any!) meets your leg - shall we call it the bikini line?And it's painful people, painful. Also - don't believe that story that it's like a sunburn. No way. More like the burn that you get when you sit in the oven for an hour! And rather than a red burn, this is a brown, burnt skin. Not fun at all.

And the pee? My poor bladder is not liking this last bit of radiation and is making it known by leaking all the time. I even had to buy Poise pads (Depends.) Humiliation complete.



The good news though, is that spring is almost here, I only have 2 days of treatment left, and my nails look fabulous! See -



The bulbs in the front also pushed up through the ground this morning. It makes me happy. I'm ready for winter to be over and for the weather to warm up. More ready for the radiation to be over. It seems almost impossible to imagine what life will be like without the daily trips to the hospital. But I'm more than willing to find out! I'll have plenty of time in the mornings - come and visit me!

Until next time
Hugs
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment